As an integral member of JFL’s Network Design Team, the key focus of this role will be the planning and design of JFL’s fibre network infrastructure for rural areas-based Devon, Dorset and Somerset. This involves using a GIS system to plan where fibre will be laid in the ground taking into account any wayleave issues or obstructions that could prevent the smooth running of the installs.
This role will report to:
Network Design Manager
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Execute FTTx Designs, using knowledge of passive and active components in order to support network build and expansions.
- Complete assigned tasks relating to day to day maintenance of the system, including updates, integration of new data sets, and DCRs.
- Utilize GIS and Network Management tools for the operation, and maintenance of FTTx and other telecommunication network components.
- GIS application development and management.
- Spatial analysis and report generation.
- Provide training on the use of GIS related software, applications and documents as required.
- Prepare maps, reports, and other relevant information to stakeholders.
- Provide operational support to internal and external customers to facilitate sales, order management, installation or operational maintenance.
- Participate in the technical approval of new and re-engineered sites.
- Adhere to JFLs policies, including but not limited to IT Security and GDPR Policies.
- And anything else that might reasonably be required of you to support the GIS/ Design team in meeting their objectives.
- Minimum of two years’ GIS experience
- A good understanding of Fibre Optics in a Telecoms environment
- A good understanding of PON
- Thorough working knowledge and experience in the use of ESRI ArcGIS software, other mapping applications or fibre network inventory management systems
A first degree or equivalent combination of certificate and experience in any of the following subject areas:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Geography, Computer Science or Engineering
- Survey and Planning
Minimum 3 years’ experience in GIS or GIS related activities and Network Design
Key skills & Attributes:
- Self-starter with a focus on solving problems and providing solutions
- Team player with good communication skills and collaboration behaviours
- Ability to work in a dynamic, start-up environment
To apply, please click on the following link to complete an application form: https://api.occupop.com/shared/job/service-delivery-engineer-CNiV/companywebsite
For more information contact: [email protected]