The purpose of this role will be to assist with the route survey, acquiring of access and wayleave agreements for a Fibre to the Premises project based in Devon, Dorset & Somerset, through third party access. Particularly Western Power Distribution and BT/Openreach. This is an exciting opportunity for an induvial with a can-do attitude, who thrives on a challenge.
You will be required to identify land ownership and occupational rights for fibre projects on any third-party infrastructure, and help towards securing landowner consents for these projects. You will also be required to assist in the granting of permissions to multi dwelling & multi business units (MDU & MBU). Negotiation of servitude and wayleave terms and resolving any disputes over land access, landownership queries or impacts from land use that may arise from searches and site meetings. You will be responsible for liaising with estates surveyors, projects managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives, and other industry professionals. This role will involve regular travel and therefore a driving licence is essential for the successful candidate. In addition, there may be occasions when you will be required to work outside your normal working hours due to community & stakeholder engagements.
This role will report to:
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Required to identify routes for telecommunications network and conduct site inspections to cover aspects of land surveying particularly regarding Western Power Distribution poles, BT/Openreach and Multi Dwelling/Business Units
• Survey routes to determine best practice on access and permissions
• Using Land searches, identify land and secure wayleaves, easement, and landlord’s consents in a telecommunications environment.
• Building relationships with landowners, agents, consulting engineers, contractors, and government bodies Surveying
• Negotiate wayleave terms and conditions for third party access and resolve any dispute or discrepancy that may appear
• Attend meetings with Construction and Design teams to feedback on wayleave updates
• Conduct utility searches as and when required
• Attend weekly department meetings and help with departmental administration
• Reporting on wayleave progress
• Working with the business end to end to define best practise and innovative business processes to ensure an optimised wayleave process
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with wayleaves and/or telecommunication surveying
• Advanced knowledge in all aspects of Microsoft Office 365 experience
• Previous knowledge of telecommunication construction and installation process
• An understanding of the Telecommunication Code and OfCom policies
• Understanding of third-party access rights and installation processes
Relevant experience, indicating that the candidate can:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented and analytical.
• Excellent people skills
• Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
• A general ability to learn and use a variety of software/apps/digital media
• Ability to update business reports based on business metrics on process stages
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change that will drive improvement
• Experience in a customer/supplier facing environment
For more information contact: HR@jurassic-fibre.comApply Now