Accessibility and Vulnerability Policy and Procedure
It is the policy of JFL Ltd (JFL) to:
- provide clear, accurate and relevant information regarding the services we provide to disabled and vulnerable people
- ensure that the terms and conditions, with particular regard to accessing emergency services, do not disadvantage disabled or vulnerable customers; and
- wherever possible, to prioritise remedial work on the connections of vulnerable users should they lose their service
2.What is a Vulnerable Customer?
Anybody can face circumstances that lead to them becoming vulnerable – temporarily or permanently. This might include physical or mental health problems, specific characteristics such as disability, age or literacy skills, or changes in personal circumstances such as bereavement, job loss or changes in household income
3.Identifying a Vulnerable Customer
When first taking our service, we would encourage customers that have specific accessibility needs or are in circumstances which could make them vulnerable to inform the JFL team they are in dialogue with. But a customer may inform us at any time of their vulnerable status – whether this is to let us know that they are currently vulnerable or that their circumstances have changed so that they are no longer vulnerable. This can be done by contacting us through any of the options outlined in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section of this policy.
Once a customer has been logged on our systems as vulnerable, we may check with that customer from time to time to ensure our records are kept up to date.
We encourage customers to make contact with our team to discuss any queries or concerns they may have in relation to vulnerability or disability. It is our policy to treat every customer with respect and courtesy in all circumstances
4.Special Treatment/Care for Vulnerable Customers
JFL is committed to ensuring both vulnerable and disabled customers get fair and appropriate treatment, including:
- Because we cannot guarantee 100% broadband connection, at the time that you register with us as vulnerable, we will discuss with you alternative ways to contact emergency services in the event of an outage on our network
- Free and unlimited calls to emergency services (provided that there is no service or power outage at that time)
- Wherever possible, we will prioritise remedial work on the connections of vulnerable users should they lose their service
- We have a process in place to allow vulnerable customers to appoint someone else to act and communicate with us on their behalf
- We will support vulnerable customers through their sales and installation journey and will be happy to give them as much time as they need in order to explain our products, services and answer any queries they may have about any of our policies, and advice or other documentation
- After their service has commenced, our customer service team will be happy to talk to them at any time to answer any queries or concerns they may have about our products and service
5.How to Contact Us
At Jurassic Fibre Limited, we always keep our customers interest at heart. We take every complaint seriously and actively work to resolve things to your satisfaction. We’ll let you know as soon as we think we have a resolution. This could be on the original call, if we can sort things out there and then, or if we can’t, we’ll be back in touch to let you know.
There are three different ways to contact us.
Please remember to give us your details, including:
- Your account number
- Your full address
- Your contact number
This way, we can get back to you as quickly as possible.
You can give our Customer Success team a ring on 01392 345600. We’ll do our best to resolve your complaint on the call, but sometimes we’ll need to investigate things in more detail and reaching a resolution may take longer.
You can email the team on [email protected]. We always aim to resolve complaints in the first instance and respond within 1 working day. If your complaint is more complex, this could take a little longer. This depends on the issues you’ve raised, as we always try to give your comments the attention they deserve.
It’s not as quick, but if you prefer to send us a letter, you can write to us at:
Customer Success Team,
Sowton Business & Technology Centre,
Your letter will be acknowledged within 2 working days of receipt and we aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days once we’ve received them.
If you have a complaint about, or want to dispute, your treatment by us please follow the process set out in our Customer Complaints Policy.